Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I keep getting bitten even though i, and a professional pest

Customer Question

I keep getting bitten even though i , and a professional pest controller have been right through my flat several times. We found some in my son,s room but nothing in mine even so I keep spraying and powdering my room and my son,s is now free of the little swines but i'm still getting bitten. I Keep looking on line to see if i can identify the type of bite but all I get is sales of cream ETC . The bites are on all different parts of my body and come up in different types of swelling ,size, amount in one area and on some the type and size of the blister, normally in the center of a one of the bite that swells and then burst . I have been to my local hospital and doctors only to be told that I have been bite. I don't know where to turn to . Hope you can help me as I keep a very clean house and shower or bath every day. Many thanks .Steve
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for this question

I'm DR. Phil and I"m here to help

Licensed MD with over 10 years experience

Do you have a picture?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have enough to fill the Tate gallery but the trouble is I'm not very good on these things so when my son gets home I will ask him to send some of the older ones and the new ones i have today .Some of the more individual bite's came up in a large swelling and as i am a fit chap, veins showing on the back of my hands, ETC . One of the bites on my right hand made it look like I was wearing a boxing glove with" tracking " as the Doctor told me. Thanks for the response. Steve

okay just attach the pics here

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will do . Please help as I'm started to get a little paranoid

okay standing by

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please see attached images

Thanks for the pics

This is actually a form of eczema called dishydrotic eczema

I would recommend triamcinolone cream on this twice a day

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have added some more zoomed in pictures as I belive these are bites still.

That could also be a staph infection

hard to tell in pics

I would use a combination of oral antibiotic and topical steroid if you came in my office with this

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I went to boots the chemists to get the medication you recommended, I explained how and why and they told me that they are bites and tried to sell the same stuff as I have tried before. I do not want to insult your integrity but are you sure they are not bites and if they are not how did I get them, what do I do to eradicate them and can I get the medication on line. Yours a confused Steve
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Your explanation would explain the dry skin around my mouth and forehead that I have had for a few years now and other mild skin problems like dried skin on my scrotum, back of my neck and sometimes on my fingers. I now have about ten more areas that are affected. Would more photos help on the fresh whatever

Yes, more photos would help

would you mind accepting additional services too?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've just looked up dyshidrotic eczema and one of the photos is exactly like I've got but it says that they are normally on your hands and feet, but mine are all over my body .Even on my head. Additional service ! I'll see how I get on with this one . It has been the most help I've had so far. Thanks.New photos to follow.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry can't get the new photos to you for some reason. but I do think you are right they are not bites but I'm still swelling up. The only thing I can buy over the counter is the hydrocortisone cream. But even though I've had to pay for it thanks for your time.Steve

you're welcome STeve

if you can get pics send them to me