DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Ive had a headache for a month now and ive had a ct scan and

Customer Question

Ive had a headache for a month now and ive had a ct scan and blood tests and everything is normal. What could this be?
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please provide the following information so that i could help you better

Does this involve whole of your head or only one side ?

Any other symptoms ?

Any stress or anxiety ?

Any known medical problem or medicines you are taking ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its always one side or the other and radiates down to my tenples and cheekbones. I gave birth a month ago and had an epidural headache which was resolved with a blood patch however this headache is different and is not responding im not responding to any painkillers. Could this be something serious im really worried
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for information

A unilateral headache like this most likely suggest migraine. If you are not responding to pain killers you should have other drugs like Triptans(zolmitriptan) or opioids to settle the headache . A normal CT scan and blood work rule out the possibility of anything serious. Another thing could be a tension headache as it can also present like this. Cluster headache is another possibility although more common in males. I would suggest you to see your doctor for a trial of above mentioned drugs before any further investigation

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think an MRI scan is necessary and could these headaches be an early sign of something serious?

There are certain conditions which are picked up on MRI/MRV and if your symptoms doesn,t resolve with above mentioned medicine these tests should be done. If you have already used these medicines then you should go for these further imaging studies

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which conditions could be picked up with an mri?

Conditions like venous sinus thrombosis and vascular inflammation are better picked on MRI. Also if there is brainstem lesions these are also better seen on MRI

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could a lack of sleep be causing this

Yes a lack of sleep does give rise to headache and it is a benign condition which usually settle with medicine

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

usually headache due to lack of sleep does not go along for a whole month though

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Do ask if any more query