Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am a 46 y/o male having quite a bad summer! I wonder if

I am a 46 y/o male having quite a bad summer! I wonder if anyone might have any ideas here.
For a couple of months now I have had on off symptoms rangin from waking to pee up to 14 times a night, waking up with heart beating waaay to fast (going to A&E and the ecg looks fine), testicle pain at times severe, reduced urine flow, thin stools, constipation, very bad headaches like burning pain around head that don't respond to painkillers and stay for days, occasional mild fever, mild nausea, reduced apetite, tummy bloating, and mild pain in lower left abdomen in a line running up from testicle through groin area and into stomach.
No burning when peeing, never an infection shown on a culture, nor anything sinister on urinalysis strips except occasional trace of blood.
I have had ct scans, mri of spine (but not lower ab), urine cultures, blood tests, ultrasound of testicle and so on, all not really revealing much.
Prostate has been checked, not swollen or painful. Testicle never has been hot or swollen.
The sonographer looking at testicle ahd a brief look at abdomen and said there was mild diverticular in lower sigmoid colon but it looked ok, and that genreally my intestines were inflammed.
At a health check in March my kidney filtration rate (eGFR) was alittle low at 78%, and just a couple of days ago my blood potassium serum and creatinine serum were just over normal.
My thyroid runs just over normal range too, but the thyroid managing hormone says this is ok.
I've eaten loads of antibiotics, and sometimes need beta blockers to sleep(! isn't that awful?).
Havent slept properly in weeks. Pretty constant pain in femoral or inguinal (not sure) groin area - but apparently dont have a hernia as no bulge.
All this in same Lower left abdomen area.
It is all still quite painful, headache and groin -wise and my antibiotic finishes in a couple of days and I don't see it getting better. Just wondering if you might have any ideas what to try next?
thanks very much.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have three days left of a two week corse of Ofloxacin. But that is all.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Can you please enter your phone number in the private box at your end so that I can give you a call for a discussion.

Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Will call you in a bit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a diary thing here!
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

The medication that I would like you to be on is cymbalta (duloxetine) starting at a dose of 30 mg once daily.