Daniel Sheibley, MD
Daniel Sheibley, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MD Grad Jefferson Medical College 2009. Internal Med intern 2010 & Radiology residency 2011. Husband & father of two.
62460980

Heavy bleeding mid cycle with no previous experience of

Heavy bleeding mid cycle with no previous experience of this. Trying to get pregnant for 2nd month. Bleeding now for 48 hours, have had bright red to very dark red to brown. It's got lighter then heavier several times but is currently heavy. I'm 34 with one previous healthy birth.
Expert:  Daniel Sheibley, MD replied 1 year ago.

Due to the mid-cycle of your bleeding you should see either your OB-GYN if they can see you today for an ultrasound and pregnancy test. If they can not see you today you should be seen in the ER for the same tests. Bleeding in the mid cycle, especially if you've been trying to get pregnant may represent a failing pregnancy or other potential complications. Most likely the first.

Did I answer your question to satisfaction?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm pretty sure it can't be a failing pregnancy as all tests said negative and then I got my regular period.

You still do need an ultrasound if you are bleeding that much off your normal cycle timing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I'm in Italy on holiday so it would be trickier to be seen. Is it likely to be something that needs seeing to urgently? I'm back in the uk on Sunday.

Yes I would get this looked at today. With an ultrasound.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you