Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA). I

Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA). I developed severe and apparently permanent adverse reactions as a result of Hepatitis B vaccine. I get joint pain when I lift weights in the gym, only on one side of the body, not in both shoulders at once, just the
left. I never used to get joint pain when I was lifting weights before the vaccine, I used to lift
100KG but now I get joint pain when I lift 50KG.What are the tests for SIRVA and does this sound like SIRVA?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Basically you have the symptoms of SIRVA, that is previously you had no shoulder problems, and these started after vaccination with a rapid onset of pain, and a limited range of motion. Therefore you may consult with your doctor regarding this and have an MRI of the shoulder joint done for diagnosis.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars above.