Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

30 year old female with sore throat and blocked sinuses and

30 year old female with sore throat and blocked sinuses and feeling generally unwell with temp spike twice in 2 days 38.0... labs done
Crp 86.6
Wcc 11
Commenced on augmentin
Is it neccessary as has chest infection 2 months ago and had 2 courses antibiotics and a course of steriods concerned about another course of antibiotcs. Work in hospital.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

Your symptoms shows infection of sinuses and your labs are consistent with bacterial infection. You need to take antibiotics for this. I would suggest you to visit your GP for thorough examination and you can get antibiotics prescription from him as well. Salt water gargles and paracetamol would help. Take lots of warm fluids.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Wish you good health.

Yes you need another course of antibiotics.