Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

A few months ago I injured my wrist and it was a suspected

A few months ago I injured my wrist and it was a suspected scaphiod fracture however nothing was ever found now though my wrist is painful my fingers are numb feeling and tingly and my grip is painful and weak
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your symptoms, the likely cause of this numbness and weak and painful grip is a nerve compression. Such sort of compression can occur after these injuries. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can use OTC tablet Aleve twice daily and hopefully you will start feeling better soon. Do this for 7 days and in the meantime get an appointment from your orthopedic doctor. He may further advise a physical therapy but I reassure you that nothing is serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards