wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Ive been suffering from tinea versicolor for a while now and

Customer Question

Ive been suffering from tinea versicolor for a while now and the recent heat surge has made me break out in Little bumps mainly on my face, neck, shoulders and slight arms. What can I do to get rid of this tinea once and improve the health of my skin?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

can you upload a picture?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm on my mobile, but the picture files Dont seem to be sending. I don't have any other serious medical problems, but I'm allergic to ibuprofen and penicillin. I'm not taking any medication.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for responding by the way, I'll try to send pictures again from my laptop when I get home.

Ok. You should be able to use the paperclip on your screen.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi Dr. Rick, I've managed to add a few picture of my arms and face.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Dr Rick I've added the pictures, but still waiting for feedback.

Thank you for the pictures.

Those look like milia. This is from dead skin cells getting trapped beneath the skin, especially after being out in the heat.

They can be treated by using a deep skin cleanser or seeing a dermatologist for a session of microdermabrasion.

Does this make sense to you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
lol, it does. Thank you. I've been using a cleanser on my face for the last few days and that's helped.

Glad I could help :)