Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO BELIEVE I HAVE RESTLESS LEGS BY THE

Customer Question

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO BELIEVE I HAVE RESTLESS LEGS BY THE PARKINSONS NURSE.MY GP SAYS I HAVE NOT GOT RLS.I SUFFER PERIODICALLY WITH QUITE BAD PAIN FIRST IN THE LEFT ANKLE THENB IT MOVES TO THE RIGHT KNEE.AFTER A PERIOD IT STOPS.I CAN BE PAIN FREE FOR 2/3 DAYS AT A TIME.THE MEDICATION HAS BEEN 6/2MG ROPININIROLE FOR 2 YEARS FOR RLS.IT HAS NOW BEEN CUT BACK TO 2 PER DAY. COMMENTS PLEASE. DORCHESTER***********OR AS EMAIL***@******.*** MOLRRIS PORCH
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having conflicting evaluations by your health care providers.

your GP doctor should call up your parkinsons nurse and discuss the case so you can get clarification on this.

has the ropinirole been helpful for your leg pains?

what happens when you don't take the ropinirole?

how old are you?

would you like to talk by phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am 78 years old i cannot tell if the medicine does work yes
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you can try to slowly taper off of the ropinirole and see if your symptoms stay the same or not

if they stay the same, then you most likely don't have restless leg syndrome

you could have something else going on like pinched nerves in your lower back causing pain

or claudication pains in your legs from poor circulation which can be tested for by ultrasound doppler studies of the blood vessels of the legs