wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I had a TURP Prostate operation in Oct last year. All went

Dear Sir/Madam, I had a TURP Prostate operation in Oct last year. All went well and I received confirmation the Prostate tissue was entirely benign. I pasted small clots on and off after exercise/gardening for several months and then it cleared up for 3-4 months but for the past 6 weeks I have started passing small blood clots again, initially every 2-3 days but now I am having daily sight of small clots and a small amount of bleeding, nothing dramatic just a show at the start or end of urinating. I stopped all activity and drank plenty of water for the past 2 weeks hoping it would heal but if anything the problem seems to be progressive. I am 72 and am scheduled for a colonoscopy on 26th Sept so have not been back to my GP a thought I would see if this procedure shed any light on my problem. Should I go back to my GP or wait until after the colonoscopy? Look forward to your advice. Many thanks ***** *****.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Keith,

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

A colonoscopy will not do anything to shed light on your recent increase in bleeding and clots in your urine.

I think you should try to skip your GP and see your urologist and get this bleeding checked out sooner rather than later. Your GP does not have the training or equipment to find, and treat, the source of your bleeding.

Do not delay.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS