Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Worried Grandfather My eldest son is divorced with a Eight

Customer Question

Worried Grandfather
My eldest son is divorced with a Eight year old daughter that lives with her mother and partner My son has his daughter every other weekend and will have her sometimes through the week This weekend has been terrible his daughter was staying with him and wanted to stay extra nights but her mother was not keen so much so the way she spoke to her daughter on the phone was disgusting shouting at her and then turned up at my sons house with her mother in the car and then proceeded to use disgusting language to my son and her daughter in the middle of there street. My son has tried to get custody of his daughter with no success please can you point us in the right direction as I believe that my Granddaughter is having Psychological abuse from her mother
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The usual next step in assessing for psychological abuse would be an assessment of the granddaughter. Since your son does not have custody, it may not be as simple as just taking the granddaughter to a psychologist. It may be necessary to petition the court to ask for the assessment to be done. However, at this point, it is as much a legal issue as a medical issue, so asking his attorney that has been representing him through the divorce may guide how best to get this done.

I I can provide any additional information, please let me know.