DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

What is the blood test called Autoimmune Abs?

Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Autoimmune antibody test is not a single test. It usually start with a screening test called anti nuclear antibodies and then further tests as required based on the initial clinical assessment. These can include an extractable nuclear antigens or ENA and tests for various other illness. These tests are usually done if someone is suspected of having an auto immune disease like SLE .

I would be happy to answer if you could give me more details about what actually your problem is and what test has been advised to you ?

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I developed severe and apparently permanent adverse reactions as a result of Hepatitis B vaccine.
About 4 years ago I was completely healthy and very athletic before this vaccination and have now
suffered severe, debilitating autoimmune side effects from this vaccine. Such as getting joint pain,
and a limited range of motion when I lift weights in the gym, only on one side of the body, not in
both shoulders at once, just the left, previously I had no shoulder problems, I used to lift 100KG but
now I get joint pain when I lift 50KG and these started after vaccination. There's a measurable loss in
stamina before the vaccine to how I am now, I experience breathlessness much earlier when I do
cardiovascular exercise then before I had the vaccine. I have chronic fatigue and it is not improved by
getting rest. I have a dry persistent cough when there's nothing to bring up. I have a constant pain on
the upper left side of my abdomen, next to my stomach and behind my left ribs whenever I'm sitting down
or using my laptop. Painkillers do not help very much. Sometimes I get sharp stabbing
pain on the left side of my stomach. I suffered the residual effects of all these symptoms for more than
4 years. Lupus-like syndrome, multiple sclerosis-like syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis. My care-coordinator
said I experienced Psychosis due to Hep B vaccine. I used to think the TV was communicating with me.I did blood test today which on the form was written 'Autoimmune Abs'

Sorry to hear your problem

It seems you have an ANA testing done. It is a screening test for auto immune diseases. If the result comes positive then further testing can be ordered to find if there is any evidence of a autoimmune process

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If the result comes negative. What further tests should I have done?Do you think I need testing for
Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP)
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
Fibromyalgia
Brachial Plexitis
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA)
Transverse Myelitis
Encephalitis
Neuropathic Pain

No if you have a negative testing then further tests might not be required. It is also important that what is the clinical assessment of your doctor who has examined you. He might order further testing if he suspect something based on your history and examination.But your symptoms are so vague to fit in any of these diagnosis

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My symptoms fit Fibromyalgia and Neuropathic Pain. And Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA). That's what 4 other Doctors on here have said
a

Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis and needs no further testing. If any specific neuropathy is considered a nerve conduction studieswill be helpful

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Whats the difference between Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

There are certain differences although some clinician believe these are overlapping condition. To diagnose fibromyalgia a clinical criteria has been established comprising widespread pain index and symptom severity index. Some believe fatigue is more marked in CFS. CFS has a separate diagnostic criteria. Tender lymphadenopathy,sore throat etc are features of CFS

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What is the tests for Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
Neuropathic PainIs it Nerve conduction studies and EMG?

Yes both of them are neuropathies and NCS or nerve conduction studies are very helpful in evaluation of these disorders

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did legal research on case reports where the claimant won their claim regarding the injury they suffered
from as a result of Hepatitis B vaccine. 3 of them are Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) and the others were the conditions I mentioned above. That means I should strongly have a NCS/EMG done because 5/12 case reports had these conditions
Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
Neuropathic Pain

Yes you need NCS to see if any abnormality consistent with these problem is detected

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What should I tell my GP to strongly have a NCS/EMG done if he says No?

Actually your symptoms have been so vague and doesn,t fit in any specific disease category. Usually GBS is an acute condition and will not be going like this for four years. CIDP have abnormal examination finding. You can discuss with the doctor and you can even take an opinion from neurologist

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it's more likely to be 'Neuropathic pain'? As my GP said 'Neuropathic pain' is lifelong when I showed him all the conditions from the case reports.

If your GP thinks it is a neuropathic pain then you can ask for a NCS

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question