Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

My husband has been diagonosed with cushing, he has terrible

Customer Question

my husband has been diagonosed with cushing, he has terrible sweats, terrible headache, stomach ache, sleeps of and on day and night, numbness in hand legs, terrible muscle wastage, he has become a man that is not up long enough to do much at all, upto 6months ago he used to be a self employed builder now he hasnt the energy to do nothing much at all. I am concerned that when he needs the strength he wont have none left to give, is there anything i can do for him so he can have some quality of life, the consultant said it could take 5 monnths, i dont think he can wait that long for something to h appen
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

What are his doctors doing for him at this point? Have they identified the cause of his Cushing's?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are going to send him for a scan on his head and one on his stomach, but this has been 3weeks and we havent heard a thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am very worried about him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still with me
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

They are looking for an ACTH-secreting tumor. Removal of any such tumor is the mainstay of treatment and may be curative. This needs to be as soon as possible in order for him to get better as soon as possible. If you cannot get these studies scheduled in a timely manner, you could try going in to urgent care or the ER and requesting it be done on an emergency basis, given his clnical deterioration. I would start with the MRI of the brain, then do the abdominal study (CT or MRI) if the head is clear.