Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I'm 21 years old and of May this year I came off my depo

Customer Question

I'm 21 years old and of May this year I came off my depo injection and I still haven't had a period. I have been experiences symptoms of pregnancy and I've took tests and they've been negative which is rather disheartening as me and my partner are trying to conceive. I was just wondering if there's anyway to kick start my period so everything goes back to normal and il be able to chart to help me conceive or is it just awaiting game. I know it takes a while for the depo to get out of the system.
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

As such period may be delayed after stopping depo shots.In few cases periods may be delayed for 18 months after last injection.But in most cases periods come after 6-12 months after last injection.

Your doctor may want to induce your period with Medroxyprogesterone.

Medroxyprogesterone is a type of female hormone (progestin). This medication is similar to the progesterone.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I wait a while and see if it sorts itself or book an appointment with my gp?

You can wait for few weeks and see if your periods arrive.Normally speaking this is more better approach.

But in case you are impatient you can visit your doctor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, you've been a great help

Thank You.