Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Recently I have smoked cannabis for the first time in over a

Customer Question

Recently I have smoked cannabis for the first time in over a year. I am now expecting a drug test (urine) in the next week or two the last time I smoked it was over 7 days ago. What are the chances of me passing my urine test? I am nervous.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

You will definitely pass. Since it has been over a year since your previous use, this is a single use of marijuana from the perspective of how quickly it will leave your system. The usual period of detection for a single use of marijuana is up to 3 days. There can be rare people that are outliers, so a fourth day is rarely possible. But since it has already been 7 days since the use, you would be negative, even if the test were done today, and certainly over the next week or two.

The reports that you hear from friends or on the internet of longer detection periods are for people that are using the drug regularly.

So, you can relax. There is no reason for you to be nervous.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry I must correct myself it wasn't a single use it was a few tokes on a spliff and a few hits on a bong in one day. So I have smoked more than once
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 10 months ago.

Still, multiple doses on a single day with no preceding use for over a year would be well out of your system by 7 days.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay thank you hoping I will pass this CDT then easily.

You are very welcome.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Right so I did my urine test today I have drank lots of cranberry juice in the last week and sweated a bit. 12 days since I smoked weed. Are you still confident I will pass doctor?

Yes.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
One little mistake that can affect my whole life and career.

Yes, but enough time has passed, so you can use this as a learning experience for the future.