Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My mother of 65 was diagnosed with a condition called

Hi, My mother of 65 was diagnosed with a condition called Orthostatic Tremor a few years ago and she's getting progressively worse as time goes by. She's currently on a cocktail of drugs which seem to have very little effect, the side effects of which are loss of memory, weight gain, tiredness etc. Her quality of life has deteriorated dramatically since being diagnosed. I am aware of a drug called SativeX which has seen great results for treating her condition. However she lives in the Republic of Ireland where this drug has not et been approved. As I am a UK resident would it be possible for my mother to come and see a UK based Neurologist and also to be prescribed this drug? My poor mother never asks for help and we would really like to help improve her quality of life. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can help? thanks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

Yes this medicine is available and approved in UK and you need prescription for this. You can get your mother in UK and visit a neurologist for prescription.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.