Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had terrible suspected food poisoning two weeks ago which

Customer Question

I had terrible suspected food poisoning two weeks ago which resulted in vomiting in diahorrea for 12 hours and nausea, dizziness, fatigue and stomach cramps for a week. It is two weeks later and I was feeling fine and had reverted back to a normal diet ( I'm in Rome) so have been eating a lot more diary and pasta than I normally would. About three days ago I had a wave of dizziness after eating a meal and ended up vomitinf. Since then I have had stomach pain, fatigue and dizziness. To the point that I can't really eat anything and I'm finding it hard to concentrate. I also feel really depressed and easily agitated. Could this be related to the food poisoning?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

Yes, all of these symptoms are related to food poisoning as you are most likely suffering from dehydration and lack of essential nutrients which you lost during diarrheal episodes. I would recommend you to eat a healthy balanced diet and take lots of fluids and fruits and get your blood pressure checked once at least. Body takes time to recover after food poisoning.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you. The only thing I don't understand is that after my food poisoning I was fine for a week and then a few days ago I started to feel ill again. The stomach pain is bearable but I am struggling with the dizziness and lack of concentration especially as I am on holiday. Is there any thing I can do to help with this?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

It can take a few weeks for the body to set its equilibrium. You should start oral hydration solutions like Gatorade and Pedialyte to replenish lost electrolyte stores as well as take to replace lost water. If you are still experiencing stomach pain then you should avoid a high fiber diet.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Wish you good health.