DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I severely bloat after drinking or eating ANYTHING. Even a

Customer Question

I severely bloat after drinking or eating ANYTHING. Even a handful of grapes or a sip or water makes me bloat to the point where I look pregnant. The bloating only goes down if I manage to get a full night's sleep. Then it happens again the next day as soon as I have a bite to eat or drink anything.
This started happening after I suffered from Anorexia and wouldn't eat anything for up to 4 days straight.
When I started eating tiny amount of food again, the severe bloating started. I have tried cutting out food groups, IBS tablets, but nothing helps. It is stressing me so much because there seems to be no cure.
It can't be IBS as this only occurred once I recovered from anorexia. Please help, it is making me really anxious and depressed. Nothing I do helps!
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your problem . It seems you have problem with digestion and also sme disordered motility due to which you have these symptoms. I would suggest that you should take some pro-kinetic like Domperidone and PPI like Omperazole and some antacids. This will help in relieving the symptoms. Take small meals. Avoid fizzy drinks,junk food, alcohol and gas producing food. Do exercise regularly . Just in case if your symptoms persist for two weeks or more then you will need to be investigated for a motility disorder and for infection like H.Pylori.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.I read that Domperidone and Omeprazole have serious side effects and shouldn't be used regularly. Is this correct?

Omeprazole is a widely used drug and there are very few serious adverse effect reported with it. Most side effects are minor and self limiting .These include nausea,headache,dizziness and few others. Domperidone has shown some serious side effects and it should be used for short period of time after consulting the doctor.Cases of sudden cardiac death have been reported with it . Various other side effects as well but the patient percentage who experience these side effects actually is very low

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that's great, thank you. What dosage of the tablets should I take?Thank you

Sorry for the delayed response

Omeprazole 20mg can be used twice daily and Domperidone 10mg can be used 2-3 times daily

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question