wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am 22 and have pimples on penis and scrotum which appear

Customer Question

Hi, i am 22 and have pimples on penis and scrotum which appear to be at the root of pubic hair. Wondered what this is and what treatment i can use to get rid of them ?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Can you upload a picture?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No no other symptoms and dont take any medications. Never smoked never took drugs and hardly drink alcohol. Tiny white pimples under the hair. As you can imagine it is embarrassing

Thank you for that additional information.

A picture would be helpful, however I understand where you are coming from.....
The good news? These are most likely fordyce spots.

These are normal sebaceous glands in your skin near hair follicles.

Do not pick at them, do not worry about them. They are a normal part of your scrotum and penis.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you however i would like to get rid of them. Can you tell me how to get rid of them please ?

You can not get rid of them -- they are a normal part of your scrotum and penis.

They are part of your skin.......

Everyone has them to some extent or another sp there is no need to be embarrassed.

Make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS