Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I am a male i have celluiltie on my ankel it is quite bad i

Customer Question

i am a male i have celluiltie on my ankel it is quite bad i have had antibiotics for 1 week and i have had the same coulour stuff that comes out of my ankel come out my nose and mouth and i went back to the doctor and he did nothink or give me any think so whats the best treatment for it please
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Antibiotics are effective in more than 90% of patients, when taken for up to 2 weeks, however some patients may not show a good response. In this case further investigations may be required such as gram stain, culture, and drug susceptibility analysis of the discharge. This will lead your doctor to chose a specific antibiotic. In some cases where there is no response consulting an infectious disease specialist will be beneficial. If oral antibiotics are not beneficial giving the antibiotics intravenously may be required for a good response. Also in addition to antibiotics, drainage of abscesses when present is required for resolution of the infection.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars.