Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am a diabetic with many health problems under active

Customer Question

I am a diabetic with many health problems under active thyroid gout heart problems Tia's kidney dis function fatty liver I was recently in hospital with swelling in my legs which developed into a painful rash at the lower end of my left leg I am on antibiotics along with many other tablets I.am worried I am getting to the end and soon won't be able to fight any more no one seems to give me a definite diagnosis I feel helpless and I don't know which way to turn anymore I can give you details if you want to know anymore but I just want to hear if you think I can do anything different to overcome what is going on thanks for your help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having so many health problems.

obesity and many years of eating a poor diet and drinking sodas and high calorie foods can cause type 2 diabetes, fatty liver which can lead to kidney dysfunction and swelling of the legs and painful rashes on your legs.

you have listed many definite diagnosis above already.

have your doctors talked to you about eating healthier and loosing weight to help reverse your type 2 diabetes and help your liver heal?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have had weight problems for years. Been on all kinds of diets even went onto four hundred calories and never lost weight in the end doctors have told me they know I have tried but I must not worry any more I have stayed the same weight for years and my blood sugars are about five I feel like a hopeless case my body seems to fight against everything I have tried it is a family problem diabetic and weight but I am the one with all the other problems

it can be very difficult with loosing weight

even more difficult if you have an underactive thyroid gland.

you have to make sure your TSH levels are between 0.3 and 3.0 so you can have a metabolism so you can loose weight.

your blood sugar levels of 5mmol/L is normal at 90mg/dL level.

what is your most recent TSH level for your thyroid stimulating hormone level.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think I have come here for help but it is a complicated case which I believe will need a long conversation and I have had so many test over time what else can be done I do not know I think I may be wasting your time if you concur let me know

I know your case is complicated.

I ask you what your most recent TSH blood test was to check your thyroid hormone levels

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not know what my level was I would have to find out from my doctor I am doubting my reason for doing this I have gone through years of medical help but I just keep getting new problems which I think may need longer time to investigate and for some reason it's not realistic asking for your help when I have such a long history of ill health and I have just seen a private health doctor who is going to do an angiogram next week I think I need to get the results before I go any further do you agree
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will have to go now I am not well and have been told to rest with my leg raised up sorry if I have wasted your time thanks for listening to me Ann Glendinning

let me know if you have other questions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thankyou very much I am a bit confused at the moment not sure which way to turn but I will get it sorted eventually bye

you are welcome

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com