Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I've been having several symptoms over the past few months,

Customer Question

I've been having several symptoms over the past few months, but getting a doctors appointment has been difficult and a slow process with regards ***** *****
First symptom and probably the worst is my extreme fatigue, I get plenty of sleep 10pm-7.30pm or longer, yet I am so exhausted, that recently that I can fall asleep mid afternoon and have trouble getting back up and I get so lethargic when driving, I am having trouble concentrating when people ask me questions.
I am suffering from severe night sweats and wake up and feel like someone has poured water all over my sheets, I suffer from constant abdominal aches (lower right side) it doesn't seem linked to what I eat.
I am following Slimming World and eat plenty of fruit and vegetables everyday, I have lean meats, fish and eggs and do have a small amount of pasta/rice/couscous daily. I exercise 5 days a week and the intensity varies - but suffer for my activity with further fatigue.
I often have tingling sensation and itchy skin, and have an abnormal amounts of bruises on my body.
Recently I had a blood test 3 weeks ago, the doctor sent a letter requesting that I go back in two months time as I have a high Gamma GT and amylase, got another letter two days later saying I need to have a repeat HbA1c blood test.
The exhaustion is getting worse recently I feel like crying because I am so very tired, I'm struggling to do normal things in life. A friend suggested that I visit a pharmacy to have my finger pricked and have my blood glucose measured after fasting for 8 hours and it came back as a 6.9.
I am desperate to find out what's wrong with me, but I don't feel like I can wait another 2 months before seeing a doctor again
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
None that I know of.

was your thyroid tested?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
had all the tests done regarding bloods and no mention of thyroid, in the uk they don't really tell you your results

You absolutely need the thyroid tested

this is probably the key to what is going on

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They ticked down thyroid on the blood test that I had to have it checked but nothing has been said about it so would assume it's normal?

Possible

but many doctors think something is normal and it isn't. I need to know the exact level