Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am a 31 year old woman who has had a multitude of issues;

I am a 31 year old woman who has had a multitude of issues; before April this year I was completely healthy but out of the blue started suffering from dizzy spells- I went to gp who first of all diagnosed labrynthitus, but as these episodes continued diagnosed a virus. I was off work for a month with worrying symptoms such as extreme fatigue, digestion issues such as bad stomach ache, pins and needles in head, arms and dizzy spells, palpitations. After a multitude of tests- ultrasound of abdomen, 24 hr urine test, ECG, chest X Ray's, 7 day heart Monitor this all came back normal, incl. a general blood test. I felt a little better and managed to go back to work. I then started to get bad tension headaches which felt like someone was squeezing my skull. After quitting old job and an incident with director which was stressful- I began suffering badly from anxiety and depression. I now have been put on 10mg of citropram, on 3rd week which has helped slightly. I have had a stressful two years with the bereavement of losing my father suddenly. However, since I've been ill- I have been getting a very strange menstrual cycle, I will bleed for 7 days, 3 day gap of nothing and then bleed for another 7 days. My doctor tells me this is caused by stress but to me my symptoms seem more clinical than this. Is it possible that hormones could be behind these symptoms I am experiencing?? Before this I had the ability to deal with a log stress, I find it so hard to believe that this is happening to me and deep down think there is something medical wrong other than depression and anxiety

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, have been perfectly healthy leading up to this.

Was thyroid tested?

did you have a brain MRI?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet, I have been waiting to see neurologist for since May, appointment is on 23rd September. Thyroid came back normal in May- but has been prone in past to show as under active

I think it could be your thyroid

what was the exact level?

it could also be MS.

you need an MRI of the brain for sure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last one was around 5, taken in May, the abnormal was 6.75 a year before. What about the irregular periods? Is this a cause for concern?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I realise and recognise that I am not coping well with stress but is so unlike me- I am usually so composed. It's like I have the inability to deal with stress- and it started off with physical symptoms- no emotional ones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are the irregular periods cause for concern?

Yes, they are for sure

you need a GYN exam, hormone testing and a pelvic ultrasound

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Therefore could the hormones be causing the other symptoms?

yes