Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a horrible pain that's in my navel and it's really

I have a horrible pain that's in my navel and it's really worrying me, as the pain is going from mild to worse pain. The pain has been there for a week now. I thought it would it would have passed but where it hasn't and has just got worse, I'm worried. Any advice for me?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having such bad pain in your navel.

you could have a hernia there possibly causing the pain.

do you have a GP doctor you can see who can examine your abdomen?

have you had problems with constipation? are you overweight?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The earliest I can a gp appointment is on Monday morning, but there's no guarantee that I will get an appointment for that day. I'm not overweight, I actually lead a very healthy lifestyle. But I have suffered with constipation with this pain in my navel.

constipation can cause diverticulosis pain if small bits of hard stools or food get caught in you bowel wall lining.

you need to take in more fiber into your diet with fruits and vegetables or fiber supplements to help soften your stool.

using laxatives, eating prunes can help with constipation.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My diet is a very healthy one, which includes lots of fibers, fruits and vegetables. I also go gym everyday, but I have had to stop going to the gym while I have this pain.
I'm thinking of taking a trip to my local hospital today, to get this issue resolved as it's worrying me a lot and the pain is a pain I've never experienced before.

I see.

you should go to your local hospital and see a doctor there and get your abdomen examined.

you may benefit from an abdominal ultrasound to check your gall bladder

you need to be having more regular softer bowel movements if you have constipation issues.

hopefully your constipation and your abdominal pain will get better

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you and thank you very much for your help and I will definitely inform you if I need any help again.