Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I banged my head on Monday it swelled up but then went down

I banged my head on Monday it swelled up but then went down next day. I have had no symptoms no loss of vision dizziness etc other than its sore to the touch and I have a headache. I would have tough the headache would have gone by now? It's not stopped me going to work or going out but when I'm doing nothing I notice the headache is still there. Should I go to hospital?
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well after 5 days, your risk of any serious brain injury is very minimal.

Serious brain injury would generally make itself known over the first 24 hours. Serious bleeding which would cause problems would certainly have caused symptoms (worsening headache, dizziness, lethargy, confusion, vomiting, numbness, weakness, etc) within hours.

Mild headaches are completely normal after hitting your head. Ensuring that they don't worsen is important.

Most likely your soreness to touch and headache gradually improve over the time in next few days.

You should maintain a good hydration.

You can continue Paracetamol.

And cool compresses on affected area.

If you are feeling fine (other than a mild headache) without any other neurologic symptoms - there really is no reason for a CT scan at this point.

If your symptoms'll not improve in next few days then see your doctor on Monday.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I will monitor headache over next few days