wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Sprained my ankle. Could walk on it to start with fairly

Customer Question

Sprained my ankle. Could walk on it to start with fairly easily but now [about 6 hours later] it is more painful, unsurprisingly. Nothing seems to be broken. There is only a little swelling. I am chilling it in cold water for 10 minutes every 90 minutes and have a reasonably tight elastic bandage on in between. I am sitting with my leg raised. I am 75, in very good health and am physically active [I cycle 3000 miles a year].
Not a very serious incident but I have an appointment with a yacht next Tuesday and am anxious to do everything I can to get my ankle at least partially healed as soon as possible.
Is there anything more I should be doing?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I have no other medical problems and I do not take any medication.
[Your response got to my computer at 00.02 this morning. This reply is at 10.17 my time. I guess we are at opposite sides of the Atlantic. In the spirit of constructive criticism I suggest that if this website wants to trade in Britain it should do more to accomodate the time difference.]

Sorry. I had to leave the country on short notice.

If your ankle is still giving you a lot of problems then you should get in for an Xray....especially before you go on a date with something as large as a yacht ;)

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS