Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I had a bad fall on Tuesday and the medics came to the house

Customer Question

I had a bad fall on Tuesday and the medics came to the house I could'nt move and they gave me gas and air and lifted me to the bed I was prescribed codeine which did'nt touch the pain I phoned my doctor who prescribed Diazepam for the spasm and Tramadol which still didn't touch it then I was prescribed liquid morphine and Amitriptyline I am still in a lot of pain across the small of my back but have the awful pains in the lower part of my stomach and a burning sensation across my back am finding it hard to pull myself up to get to the loo and sit down. I remember a feeling like this when I had a kidney infection and was wondering if I can get a test out of hours to find out it is really painful just to try and stand
Teresa Jone
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

I do think you need a X-Ray examination to rule out bony fracture.

X-Ray of Lumbar Spine AP and Lateral View

X-Ray of Pelvis with both hips AP View.

Also they may want to do a MRI of spine to rule out any nerve compression or P.I.V.D.(Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc)

Usually emergency room doctors can order investigations and basic radiology services are available in most hospitals for emergency cases.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.