Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Tightness in chest when exercising, dizzy and light headed

Customer Question

tightness in chest when exercising, dizzy and light headed when going from crouching to standing, metalic taste when eating, small lession on lip that wont heal ( present for several weeks} Am diagnosed with rh a and take methatrexate. blood pressure been checked and is good reading.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for waiting. What is your pulse rate? Are you having a feeling of missing heart beat? Have you seen doctor for this? Any tests done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pulse 82 per min at rest. only test done is blood pressure shich was reported as good. Do not have feeling of missing a heart beat.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Since how long you have this metallic taste and since how long you are on methotrexate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Metallic taste 2 weeks approx, Taking methatrexate for approx a year.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your Input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. You have multiple symptoms and all of them are not likely to be related so I will address them separately. The symptoms of Dizziness and tightness of chest and being lightheaded can come from Heart problem like heart rhythm disorder, angina etc. Low blood pressure can do this but definitely you have checked it so we can rule it out. Sometime just low hemoglobin can cause these symptoms. The metallic taste is likely to be due to acid reflux. Even if you don't have any stomach pain, acid reflux can just show up as metallic taste. Small lesions on lip is mostly some sort of retention cyst due to blockade of glands. You can take over the counter available capsule omrprazole 20 mg twice daily for your metallic taste but for the rest of the symptoms you should see your doctor at the earliest and get your tests like blood complete picture, EKG etc to get to the cause. Further testing for heart may be required depending on what EKG shows. As far as your lip lesion is concerned, your doctor will examine this but I really don't suspect anything serious like cancer because small non healing lesions on lips are mostly cysts. If you want me to show a picture of that lesion you can send it here. Your chest symptoms are most concerning and you should take them seriously. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards