Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Could you please assist me with contraceptive advice?

Customer Question

Hi, Could you please assist me with contraceptive advice?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 months ago.

If you start the pill within 5 days of your period, you are protected after taking the pill for 14 days. So you need to take 3 more pills and then you are protected.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Dr K,
my period began on the friday, I took 2 pills from the red section on the saturday and have continued for 8 days straight. The pack info says if I began on day 1 of my period I am immediately covered?? Otherwise other information suggests its 7 days??When no hormonal contraceptive has been used in the past month
Start taking Femme-Tab ED 20/100 on the first day of your cycle, i.e. the first day of menstrual bleeding. Take your first tablet from the red section marked with that day of the week. For example, if your period starts on a Monday, take the tablet marked Monday from the red section of the pack. Then follow the days in order of the directional arrows. When you start taking Femme-Tab ED 20/100 your very first cycle may be shorter than usual. Femme-Tab ED 20/100 will work immediately, it is not necessary to use an additional contraceptive method.Would it still be 14 days or does this change between pill types, when you start etc..