Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am 1-2 weeks pregnant and bleeding for last 13 days. Could

Hi, I am 1-2 weeks pregnant and bleeding for last 13 days. Could you please advice whether it is a serious issue?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

Bleeding at 1 to 2 weeks pregnancy and for such extended time period is not a good sign and can be a miscarriage. I would suggest you to follow your b-hcg and get transvaginal ultrasound for exact situation.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't got the normal period this month but at the same time am having the dark brown discharge last 13 days. Some days is red spotting. Would you still consider it as miscarriage?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply.

In case of discharge and spotting, the cause can be implantation bleeding and miscarriage is second possibility. Your test and ultrasound would tell the exact diagnosis.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would NHS do the transvaginal ultrasound at the early pregnancy? What if my second blood test reading is more than 392 ml? What is the standard HCG reading should be to have a positive pregnancy? How long the discharge and spotting is normal during the implantation?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Implantation bleeding should not last more than a week usually but in some cases it can go up to 2 weeks. If you have rising trend in b-hcg it would be reassuring. TVS ultrasound would be beneficial at about 4 to 5 weeks time.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there is a miscarriage what precaution should I have to take in future? Do I or my partner have to take precautionary measure in diet or during the inter-course?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Start taking folic acid when you start planning to conceive and eat well balanced diet.

Bet wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there is a miscarriage why still I feel tired, wee more often, sleeps disturbed?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Because hormone levels can take time to get back to normal.