Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I'm a 23 year-old boy an I'm very worried at the moment.In

Customer Question

HI,I'm a 23 year-old boy an I'm very worried at the moment.In the last two months I've been experiencing a lot of symptoms that make me think I might have alzheimer's disease or dementia.I'll make a list of the symptoms below.I recently saw my gp and according to him it's just anxiety and depression,but I think it might be something worse than that.
These are my symptoms at the moment:
Memory loss;
Difficulties to focus;
Brain fog;
difficulties to perform even familiar tasks;
and problems to communicate with people..
I really hope someone can help...
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Did these symptoms just start from two months?

Have you had any investigations done?

Any recent stress or sadness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They started about two months ago,since then I've been having other symptoms like very high anxiety, depression, thoughts of suicide, and I feel like I don't have any energy at all, I literally feel like sleeping all day.. I finally decided to see my gp this morning and he said its just depression and anxiety but I think it might be dementia as well... I probably should mention that I've been watching online porn for a lot of years and I stopped recently, after I stopped a lot of these symptoms got much worse...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to say that my libido and sex drive at the moment is really really low, almost inexistent ...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also having problems with erections and premature ejaculation...
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Basically before attributing your symptoms to depression and anxiety I would advise you to have certain investigations done such as complete blood count and thyroid function tests. This is because it is possible that some of your symptoms can be due to deficiency of a vitamin like vitamin B12, or due to abnormalities of the thyroid hormone level. If both these tests are normal then treating your anxiety and depression as well as the withdrawal symptoms (that you are having from discontinuing to watch porn) will be beneficial, By treating these conditions with medications and therapy (such as cognitive behavioral therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy) your symptoms will decrease and resolve. Also if these are caused due to medical conditions then treating them will also be beneficial and will decrease your symptoms.

The decreased libido and sex drive may also be related to the anxiety and depression. All these symptoms will disappear on treatment. These are temporary.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars above.