Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Was taking tegretol for headaches from last wednesday and

Was taking tegretol for headaches from last wednesday and been on nexplannon for 32 months my doctor sayed i would be ok had sex with my husband on sunday morning just happen to read the leaflet and it says it breaks down the implant could i get pregnant im nearly 47
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

Yes, that is right this drug decreases the effectiveness of your hormonal contraceptives, if you had sex during fertile period chances of pregnancy are there but small as you have just started taking the drug. You can discuss with your doctor as there are other alternatives such as gapentine, lyrica etc which has no effect on contraceptives.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou took morning after pill on sunday teatime please god im not pregnant in nearly 47
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou took the morning after pill sunday teatime and stopped the tablets hope in not pregnant im nearly 47