Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I am a 66 year old female three months ago i suffered a dvt

good morning doctor i am a 66 year old female three months ago i suffered a dvt right calf past history of dvt during the time i had a #fibula 10years ago no trauma that time just happened out of the blue now three months down the line i am still exausted and unable to fullfill my domestic duties is this a normal side effect of the dvt or clexane taken for three months sister and her son have ms thank you for your time ***** *****
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,extreme fatigue is listed side effect of Clexane however not so common.

So you should discuss it with your doctor and undergo blood work like CBC,ESR,blood sugar,lipid panel,thyroid function test for further evaluation.

Apart from this,some patients feel exhausted after DVT and recover gradually over the time.

Other possible causes of fatigue may include menopause, thyroid problem, vitamin b12 or b6 deficiencies,Infection,degenerative arthritic changes in bones and joints,Anemia,electrolyte imbalance.

You shouldn't ignore your symptoms and see your doctor again for a clinical examination.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.

May I help you further?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you doctor i have been to see my gp he told me to rest i have done so with no change in how i feel will visit him again retired nurse but not much experience in medical field i suppose i wanted a miracle cure will keep you informed of my progress thank you for your help ***** *****l

Thanks for the follow-up.

You should start a multi-vitamin supplement.

Also keep yourself hydrated with plenty of fluids.

Take short breaks of rest while doing work.

You should monitor your blood pressure also.

Eat small meals throughout the day to maintain your energy.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thank you doctor i will continue to rest ***** *****

Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil