Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

My granddaughter has been through numerous physical

Customer Question

My granddaughter has been through numerous physical tests,has been vomiting since December(not self-induced) and now approaching Psychological help following a dangerously low Potassium and nano-gastric feeding which is on-going.Today after hair washing,her hair is falling out.Is this a result of nutritional depletion,or what else?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 10 months ago.

Dear customer,

This may be due to nutritional deficiency, however this is more likely due to the recent stress that she is having. Stressful life events such as the one she is having at present may cause hair loss. Therefore you need to have her hair examined by her doctor to find out the exact cause. The good news is that in both these cases with elimination of the underlying factor, which may be stress or nutritional deficiency, her hair will grow back normally and this is temporary.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating.