Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I have got anal warts and went to the doctor and he

Customer Question

hello, I have got anal warts and went to the doctor and he prescribed 'Warticon' I have been having this painted on for about three months - but not continuously - I had three sessions.
this has not cured the problem and my doctor says he knows of no other treatment. So he has sent me away with no solution. I went to Boots to ask for something else but they will not give me anything and have told me to go back to my doctor.
what is your best advice ?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

ther might be a chance to treat the warts successfully with Aldara, a cream with Imoquimod. This has to be prescribed by your doctor. If this doesn't work there are the surrgical options. The warts will be cut off by a speical tool in local anaesthersia. If there are many warts, a spinal or general anaesthesia is possible.

I hope your doctor will help you know or at least refer you to a surgeon.

All the best!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks !! God bless the NHS for making my life so simple !! Why am I being asked for more money when I was told I would get some free advice and I have just paid £24.00

You don't have to pay more money. This would only be the fee for the premium service "telephone call". I don't do phone calls, and if you are happy with my answer, please rate positively. If there is anything not quite clear, fell free (!) to ask.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can your doctors please write me a prescription for your suggested medication ?
C A Wallace Shaw

I am sorry, we are not allowed to treat people we never examined.