Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My wife has fibromyalgia and is on a heavy medication of

Customer Question

Hi, my wife has fibromyalgia and is on a heavy medication of pain killers and such all of which dont seem to be helping her too much. Also in the last week I have noticed a change in her. She is sleeping a whole lot more and when she wakes up she is very disoriented and she talks a lot of "nonsense", storie of which are of no relavance to our conversation. This is just a very brief outline of a situation that I am very concerned about and I just wonder if you could point me in the right direction of what to do next . Also, just a point , we dont find our G.P. very helpful
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your wife.

waking up disoriented is a serious issue.

this is called a mental status change and needs to be evaluated by a GP doctor or neurologist right away.

she needs blood work and a scan of her brain to find out what is going on and causing her behavioral changes.

it could be many potential issues, metabolic issues, reaction to her pain medications, mass in the brain, infection, or something else.

she needs to be checked for urinary tract infection.

she needs blood testing

and a scan of the brain with CT scan or MRI scan.

and she needs to have her medications reviewed.

lyrica and cymbalta or savalla can help with fibromyalgia pains. is she on these?

you can also take her to the hospital A&E department if she is having mental status changes and ask them for testing and workup as well as this is an urgent matter.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when will I get my phone call ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have accepted the premium service of a phone call , please tell me when I will get this

I can call you now.

for some reason the phone call is not going through