DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Approximately once a day I start to get the feeling that my

Approximately once a day I start to get the feeling that my throat is tightening up. It feels as though I'm gagging, to the point that I'm almost being sick.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about this

Since how long you have this problem?

Any pain in the throat?

Fever or any other symptoms?

Do you have any known medical problem or any medicines you are taking ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no pain anywhere
I'm not taking any medications. And its been going on for about three months niw

Have you taken any medicines for this in last three months ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not taken any medications of any kind
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It feels as though my throat is constricting.

Thanks for the information

The symptom you have mentioned can be due to an inflamed throat which is giving such feeling. Other possibility is a reflux disease which is building up acid reflux from your stomach backward and irritating the throat. I would suggest you to take PPI like Omeprazole and som anti histamine like cetirizine for a week and see how it goes. If your symptoms does not get better than you will need an examination by the doctor.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I'm gagging there is no taste of acid from the stomach.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only way I can describe what I'm going through is for you to imaging that you have to eat a stool sample. The gagging sensation is pretty much the same feeling

Some time it does not give such taste in mouth. You can take the above mentioned medicine to see if it helps. It can be due to inflamed throat so if your symptom still persist then anti inflammatory like ibuprofen will help. But as I said before a visit for examination by your doctor will be required if above treatment does not work

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question