Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I've been having odd symptoms over the past month. Most

Customer Question

Hi, I've been having odd symptoms over the past month. Most recently I have in the past week developed bulging big and small veins everywhere on my body. It looks like a sharpie tatooed me, even my palms and fingers are showing them. This is odd for me as I am someone with very hard to find veins and theyve never been prominent.
Before this new issue, 4 weeks ago I awoke with a racing heart and after I had massive swelling that still lasts (though with cooler weather the edema's at 60% as bad now) - pitting edema to my feet, ankles and lower legs, hands, and my stomach it feels like. I've been home testing my blood pressure and its been consistently high. I have some stomach pain, muscle pain, and my neck glands hurt. I've had some funny vision, but my eye doc said all seemed okay.
I am taking folic acid now due to a low level diagnosed before this as I have been fatigued and have some pins and needles in my toes/feet.
I have elevated liver tests - alt of 58, due to having a fatty liver diagnosed by blood and ct 2 years ago.
I had a UTI earlier this year and had an ultrasound of the kidneys with nothing showing except my fatty liver andfatty pancreas.
I saw a cardiologist 2 weeks ago and he ran an ecg and echo with nothing bad showing.
I have no sexual diseases and am in a solid relationship.I did have a bad miscarriage last year and had tranfusions.
I'm 40 and super obese, but except for allegies and reflux I was doing okay until all this.
I'm really frightened by the emerging veins all over, swelling that's still here, and how dizzy and tired I feel. Please advise what I should do next. All I comeacross is its heart, kidney, liver or immune? I'm not surewho to see or what to do. Thank you, Penny
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Do you have any pictures of the veins?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr.Phil, I don't at the moment. They are big and small, they are all over, but as an example I have big lines running up and down my arms on the underside and some are bulging as well. They are bright blueish looking. I've never had veins show like this before and in so many areas :/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vein issue has been sudden, within the past week.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've always had problems getting blood drawn due to lack of finding my veins.

Do you take any meds?

was thyroid tested?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take the following once a day:
Paxil - 10 mg
zyrtec
questran - i have bile salt diarrhea if I dont (my gallbladder was removed at 18)
Omeprazole - 20mgAnd recently Folic Acid - 5mg I thinkThyroid came back negative 4 months ago

I have to think that this is related to circulation in a way

are any of these meds new?

do you have sleep apnea?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I havent been diagnosed with sleep apnea.The only new med is the folic acid, I stopped it today to see if it helped but it hasn't.

It might take some time to go away

Sleep apnea can do this too

If you are very overweight most likely you have undiagnosed sleep apnea

I would talk to your PCP about a sleep study

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com