Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I am currently based in Monrovia, Liberia, and for four days

I am currently based in Monrovia, Liberia, and for four days I have had bad Diahorea and have tried Imodium but still no relief. The pharmacies here are pretty limited and do not have a stock of much. What should I do?
Best regards,
Ian Armstrong (UK citizen!)
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe there may be possibility of Viral gastroenteritis in your case.
And main line of treatment include rehydrate yourself with plenty of fluids and Oral rehydration solution (Gatorade).
Also take metamucil.
Continue to eat at easy to digest food like soup or BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast).

Take proper rest and avoid dairy products, caffeine, alcohol,under cooked meat and fish and fatty rich food .
Antibiotics are required in cases of bacterial infection.

Usually ofloxaxin and ornidazole are prescribed.

Severe cases may require I/V treatment especially if dehydration is severe.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I try that the next two days

Thank You.