Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have bipolar 2 and am currently depressed and suicidal. I

I have bipolar 2 and am currently depressed and suicidal. I am being seen by my CMHT but am going to see a private psychiatrist soon. I recently had my first auditory hallucination and things are almost unbearable. What can I do to stay safe?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to take your prescribed medications

has your Community Mental Health Team prescribed you medication for your bipolar disorder.

you have to take your medications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do take my meds but they aren't working which is why I'm going private. Diazepam helps, I'm on 5mg bd but it's not holding me. CMHT say there's nothing else left to try. I'm not able to see them till I've been for my second opinion. If I go to a&we will they just call the crisis team and send me home?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

there are medications which can work for bipolar disorder.

there are medications to help fight hallucinations.

diazepam is only used to decrease anxiety symptoms.

if you go to the A&E they will assess your mental status which is not treated at this point. you are depressed and suicidal.

you have a risk for killing yourself. you may need to be admitted into a hospital and given medications to help control your symptoms to help protect your life.

this is a serious thing.

I don't want you to kill yourself.

you should go to the A&E and see a doctor right away.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com