Ask a Doctor and Get an Answer to Your Medical Question ASAP
Thanks for your question.
This is unlikely since there is no such case in the case reports where seizures were caused by melted plastic intake. Most of the plastic containers are microwave safe. In fact even patients who are suffering from epilepsy are advised to use microwave ovens since these are safer than conventional ovens. Please ask your wife to not worry and feel guilty regarding this since the seizure was likely due to another cause which needs to be diagnosed and treated.
Please read the link below for more information:
Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars above.
In most cases the cause for the seizure is unknown. What is reassuring is that no such case has been reported in the database linking intake of melted plastic with seizure. Also even when ingested, studies have shown that there is no significant absorption of the plastic.
You are welcome.
I know what she must be feeling because of having these terrible thoughts. She has no reason to believe that her actions were responsible for the seizures based on the present medical evidence.