Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

When I was having sex with my partner felt a stabbing pain

Customer Question

When I was having sex with my partner felt a stabbing pain she says it could of been her coil there was a lot of bleeding it stopped the next day but comes back when am sleeping and stops on the day time
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

I presume what you are saying that your partner was bleeding after you had sex with her and her bleeding stopped a day later and it happened again and stopped.

Most likely from what you are telling me, it seems like there was some injury or trauma during sex that caused the bleeding to happen.

If the bleeding is persistent, though, she must be seen and be examined to be sure that everything is okay and if she has not had a recent pap smear in the past one year then she should also have that done as well.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.

I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Not my partner
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

If you are bleeding or have bled, then you MUST be seen ASAP as this may indicate an injury to your urethra.