Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My daughter has had her first smear at 24, they are not

My daughter has had her first smear at 24, they are not awaiting the results, they referred her straight to the dr who has referred her straight away for suspected cancer to the hospital. They are saying its a 3 week wait for this, I want to go private but can't find an appt for today, can you help 9/9/2106
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter.

Actually a three week waiting period is quick.

Cancer should not grow much at all in three week's time and it should not make much of a difference.

I understand it is a stressful situation and you would like to deal with it ASAP but I think three weeks is pretty much ASAP for such a situation. Even if you go privately it will take at least two to three weeks to get in.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
She has shown IBS symptoms for years with near constant diarrhoea, when I sent her to the dr to ask for a smear they said she was too young and wouldn't complete her request
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

I understand your situation.

At her age, cervical cancer is not too common.

But I am pretty sure it would be a very early cancer.

Therefore two to three weeks waiting time is standard and not something concerning.

I do not think that even privately you would be able to get in much quicker.

Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

Kindest regards