Hi there.Thank you for your question.I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
Do you have any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?
Please let me know.
I think that the next best test to do is MRI and MRV to definitively rule out a clot in the veins of your brain that could be the cause of your symptoms.
Once you have had those tests done and if those are negative then it is worth having a lumbar puncture done to check the pressure of the spinal fluid.
Raised spinal fluid pressure can happen with a condition called as idiopathic intracranial hypertension (also called as benign intracranial hypertension).
Three weeks is a reasonable wait.
I do not think that you would be able to get in privately anytime sooner than this.
So rather than going toward the expensive private option I think a three week wait is not too bad.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
3 week wait to see a GP is a long period of time.
I think that you should get a private GP referral then if the wait is that long to see a GP.