Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My boyfriend and i were fooling around today and he put his

Customer Question

my boyfriend and i were fooling around today and he put his penis between my but cheeks and over and around my vagina (never inside)
when he came it was around 10 mins after and he was no where near my body (he came while i was giving him a hand job)
should i go buy and take plan b tomorrow morning or not?
i should also note the my period ended last week (started on 31st of august and lasts 7 day)
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

As long as there was never any penetration, there is no need to take Plan B or any emergency contraception. It is impossible for a woman to get pregnant without penetration, or a virgin birth would not be miraculous. As it turns out, the sperm actually do not do well in vaginal fluid and will not be able to swim the length of the vagina if deposited on the vaginal opening. Sperm survive by being deposited on the cervix and can swim the length of the uterus and into the tubes, but they are not able to swim the length of the vagina.

So, there is no need for Plan B.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am just afraid because i know I'm fertile

I have also been reading that precum can get you pregnant

are you sure i do not need to take any steps?

Precum does carry a small risk of pregnancy, but only with penetration. So, if there had been penetration but withdrawal before ejaculation, the answer would be different. But you said that he was never inside the vagina, so precum would not cause pregnancy.

You do not need to take any further steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so precum on the surface or around my vagina cannot get me pregnant 100%

Correct, it cannot. Even a full ejaculate on the outside cannot get you pregnant.