Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

My boyfriend and I were having none penetrative sex and at

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I were having none penetrative sex and at the end of it, he ejaculated near my vagina, however straight afterwards we cleaned the surrounding with tissue and washed up with soap, should I be worried about an unwanted pregnancy
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Basically pregnancy is very unlikely, but there is a small chance if there was vaginal contact with semen. This is because if semen came into contact with the vaginal opening, then it is possible, though highly unlikely, that some of the sperm may go inside, creating the possibility for pregnancy.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars above.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dear Doctor,Thank you for your prompt response, should i be getting an plan b pill in this case? The thing is, last month, my period started about 20th of August, the incident in question happened on the 9th of September, i am a little worried since i might be ovulating around this period and do not know much about the issue other than what webmd showed me which basically scared the living hell out of me, hence me asking for an experts advice.

Dear customer,

Yes, I would recommend a morning-after pill to prevent a possible pregnancy, even though it is less likely.

Take care.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you have any recommendation for the type of plan b pill I should purchase?

Dear customer,

I would recommend the one containing levonorgestrel. This will prevent the possible pregnancy. This should be taken as soon as possible after unprotected intercourse, and within 120 hours.

Take care.