Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I recently had a colonoscopy and then a sigmoidoscopy 8

Customer Question

I recently had a colonoscopy and then a sigmoidoscopy 8 weeks ago to remove 2 polyps and in each case biopsies were taken.
I have received a letter a few days ago from the hospital to attend an appointment for colorecal fups.
What are/is fups?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

In this context, it is referring to follow-ups to the colorectal procedures that you underwent, and since biopsies were taken, a discussion of the results of the biopsies.

There is no standard medical abbreviation of fups that refers to a diagnosis. In addition, it would be very unusual for a letter to contain the name of a diagnosis without an explanation of the diagnosis. Even communicating a diagnosis by letter would be unusual, but to do so without any explanation would be even more unusual.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.