Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have Blood in my poo .. cramps in my chest ... not

Customer Question

hi
i have Blood in my poo .. cramps in my chest ... not sleeping right.. always need to go to toilet at night ..
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

What is your age and gender? Since when is this happening? What treatment are you taking? Were any investigations done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
male,, on and off about 6months but the cramps are prity consistent now . No treatment as i work away from home alot . and is very hard to organise Gp appointment ... Blood heavy and dark .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello !
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Since this is happening for a few months now it means that this is due to a chronic condition in the gastrointestinal tract that is causing the bleeding and the diarrhea along with the cramps. For most of these conditions (especially if this was due to abnormal growth in the gastrointestinal tract) the early the causative condition is diagnosed the better for treatment. Please do not delay and have initial investigations such as imaging studies of the abdomen done. Further studies such as colonoscopy may also be required. This can also be caused by conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease or diverticular disease. For now you need to also do a complete blood count to know whether you are also suffering from anemia due to blood loss. These are warning symptoms and you need to immediately consult your GP. There is not much you can do at home for these symptoms. You may even go to the ER if you are having severe pain and cramping.

Take care.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars above. You may use reply if you need any further clarifications.