Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Daughter is 17. Pain in stomach. Had a struggle to move

Customer Question

Daughter is 17. Pain in stomach. Had a struggle to move bowel but succeeded. Came out in a cold sweat and felt nauseous. Pain and nausea gone now but not feeling well. feels cold and sleepy so lying down with blanket over. Checked her pulse several times over last hour and it's 50.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Temp 35.5
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

sorry this patient is not feeling well

I'm glad that the nausea and pain are gone now after having a bowel movement.

constipation and hard stool can cause pain in the bowels.

she may need to avoid constipation in the future by drinking more water and eating more fiber in her diet to help.

pulse of 50 is normal.

she could be batting a bowel or GI viral infection which can cause her symptoms.

she should eat a more bland diet like crackers, bananans, rice, chicken broth, apple sauce, chicken soup for her next few meals.

let me know if you have questions.