Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I went for an X-ray and it's come back as anti focal

I went for an X-ray and it's come back as anti focal adhesions I have had breast cancer mastectomy chemo radiotherapy and last year lasso Doris reconstruction could it be lung metas sis this was seen right side I also have a port under breast is this what they saw my doctor said it looked like a button on screen.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

focal adhesions on a xray doesn't mean you have lung metastasis.

you may need a chest CT scan which is much much more detailed in the lungs

if you have had a history of breast cancer and chemotherapy, your cancer doctors should order a CT scan of your lungs to have a better look

when was your last chest CT scan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having a ct scan this week they have said changes since last X-ray which could be down to reconstruction surgery I have a port under right breast plus lots scarring from chest drains I haven't had ct scan since chemo where I had no record of spread.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wondered if you received my answer thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any more detail on request please don't feel I have an answer.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I see.

chest xrays are very low image quality.

the changes can be from breast reconstruction surgery and scar tissue

you can't jump to conclusions about cancer recurrence from just this chest xray.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought this my doctor just sent me as I had reflux but he haid I have no symptoms like weight loss I had a cough which has gone now and I am asthmatic he just sent because of history what does anti focal adhesions actually mean please .
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

focal adhesions mean localized scar tissue in the lungs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I have scar tissue in my lungs that is scaring me a bit I am convinced I have lung mets .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I have had symptoms?...
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

the chest xray is seeing scar tissue most likely from your breast reconstruction projecting into your lungs.

chest xrays are 2 dimentional

and so if you have abnormal scar tissue on your breast, it can look like it is in your lungs on a chest xray AP film.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor didn't say anti focal adhesion was in lungs just right side of chest could this be my port bit worried as my friend recently diagnosed with secondaries to lung and liver and had only shortness of breath .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this mean I have local reoccurrence in my breast or just lots of scar tissue from surgery ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this as far as my questions go still don't feel you are answering my questions ?????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you answer .
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, the focal adhesions could be in your breast from reconstruction

or your infusor port.

you need to get a copy of your chest xray.

I would be happy to look at your report.

it doesn't mean you have a local recurrence just because you have some scar tissue reported on your chest xray.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you you have put my mind at rest a little until I have ct scan I was thinking the worst I have a lot of scar tissue from previous operations to as I have poly cystic liver disease which i have had2liver re sections .
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad you are less worried now.

do ask your doctors for copies for your chest xray and CT scan

I would be happy to review them with you.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com